Attention & intention
I make the mistake to often think that what is true for me, must be true for others too. However, for many people there is an inner split: attention is not equal to intention.
I realize now that for me attention and intention somehow coincide: as if intention were "the quality of my attention", and attention were "the quality of my action".
They say "to photograph is to put on the same line of sight the mind, the eye and the heart", exactly like in archery. Now, for me this isn't true just for a single discipline: it's true every time I (find the courage to) follow what's alive in me. Then I happen, spontaneously as an arrow would shoot itself at the point of maximum tension of the bow's string.
M.
https://youtu.be/rRy1fklNAsU
---The right art," cried the Master, "is purposeless, aimless! The more obstinately you try to learn how to shoot the arrow for the sake of hitting the goal, the less you will succeed in the one and the further the other will recede. What stands in your way is that you have a much too willful will. You think that what you do not do yourself does not happen.
Eugen Herrigel--- the Zen in the art of archery
https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/59975.Eugen_Herrigel
No comments:
Post a Comment