Meaningful life
Another of those precious little books, which takes a
relevant influence in the library of my heart& mind memory is:
Man's Search for Meaning, by Victor Frankl
My heart exults when I hear Miki Kashtan mentioning it, in RTTC class of 20th October 2023:
"When I was 17 and in U.S. I had the audacity to write a letter to Victor Frankl. (...) I don't remember what I wrote back then, as my letter is gone. But I have recently found again his reply. He said:
"You can find a sense of meaning in your life in the last few minutes, the last few breaths before you die."
So, (Miki speaking to a participant) the fact that for the last 43 years you have got a sense of what your meaning is, and you didn't know what to do with that... It doesn't mean anything. It's just something to mourn. Because the rest of your life starts now, however long or short it is.
I am not trying to belittle your agony. I am just saying:
The past is not a determinant of the future.
I really admire you.
The level of determination you have to go for healing, I don't see it very often, certainly not from people who have reached your age - I don't know exactly how old you are. People give up and settle. You just won't do that, not for as long as you can speak and breath.
That's an inspiration."

No comments:
Post a Comment