18 June 2023

Two kinds of crying

 From Miki Kashtan's class:

[ When my nephew was three, sometimes when he was crying, he would ask for a bottle and a book. And my sister wanted to support being with the crying and was concerned about it, you know, the bottle and the book being used to stifle the crying.

 So she asked him about it, and here's what he said three year old, he said, "there are two kinds of crying, one lets the sadness out and one keeps the sadness in. When I have the crying that keeps the sadness in, that's when I want a book and a bottle."

And that was the end of conversation from then on, whenever he asked for it, there was no reason not to give it to him, because it was clear. He understood at the body baseline level, that not all crying is actually a release. Yeah, and definitely, we need to learn to decipher this. I think that this is a bit of an odd spot that I may not be sensible enough, precisely because I learned to squelch my crying. I know that there's crying that loops within negative thinking, but I don't hold it sufficiently in my awareness to talk about it with people when I invite them to cry/express feelings.]


The 3yrs old, Yannai Kashtan, later on:

https://youtu.be/kf92pJvoOac

https://youtu.be/ncGgXXfCIYo

No comments: